Highlights from the 48th Annual General Meeting of the Wairarapa Bush Rugby Union
Election of Officers
- John Percy was made a Life Member of the Wairarapa Bush Rugby Union.
- Bryan Weatherstone was re-elected President.
- Doug Bracewell was re-elected Vice President.
- Jason Carruthers was elected Chairman of the WBRU and Vicki Lee, Deputy.
- Independent directors Jason Carruthers and Rebecca Sayer three year terms ended. Rebecca Sayer did not stand for re-appointment.
- Jason Carruthers and Sharon Parker were appointed by the Independent Board selection panel for a three year term starting May 2019.
- Vicki Lee and Andrea Jackson remain as independent directors until 2020.
- Dennis Dougherty resigned as the Council of Clubs Representatives on the WBRU board at the end of 2018.
- Rex Playle and Shaun Draper were appointed as the Council of Club Representatives on the board.
- Sellar and Sellar were re-appointed as Auditors.
- Tim Nathan was thanked for his many years’ service to WBRU as Chairman of the Council of Club and the WBRU.
Financial and Non-Financial Results
- The WBRU board reported a $23,057.00 surplus (2017 $1,094)
- Registered playing numbers was 2,385.
- Registered Referees 46.
- Registered coaches 208.
- All clubs were represented in the local club competition.
- The Farriers WBRU Heartland team were finalists in the Lochore Cup.
- The WBRU Sevens and WBRU Under 18’s made their respective finals.
- In 2018 the WBRU hosted the successful Hurricanes under 16 tournament in October.
- 13 players made National or Hurricane’s honours along with Mark Rutene, Gavin Hodder and Rebecca Mahoney achieving National honours in Coaching, Management and Refereeing.