TRANZIT COACHLINES ENTERS NEW SPONSORSHIP DEAL WITH WBRFU
Tranzit Coachlines Wairarapa will become the naming rights sponsor for the Wairarapa Bush Secondary Schools’ competition, specifically the local First XV competition and Under-15 grades. The sponsorship deal will also help support the Union’s new wellbeing campaign called WhatAboutYou as well as the digital platform that streams live games.
WBRFU Chief Executive Tony Hargood says Wairarapa Bush and Tranzit are two long standing, reputable organisations in the Wairarapa and this sponsorship continues a long relationship.
“Our players need to be transported safely to games as we travel around New Zealand and Tranzit has been providing us that transport for decades and we are thrilled to continue that relationship with this new sponsorship,” says Tony. “In addition, we’re seeing a huge amount of growth in our junior secondary schools and women’s rugby, so it’s really great to have Tranzit supporting that part of our game.”
Tony says the Union will make the most of digital platforms again this season, including live streaming the secondary school final later this year.
“When we live streamed the Wairarapa Bush Under-16s versus Thames Valley final in 2021, 12,000 people watched it live … people are digesting sport in different formats now so it’s great that Tranzit has recognized that there is a new way of enjoying sport.”
Tranzit Coachlines Wairarapa and Wellington Regional Manager, Wendy Morrison, is thrilled to continue Tranzit’s long partnership with the WBRFU for the next three years.
“Tranzit is proud to support the Union and our future rugby players,” says Wendy. “This sponsorship also supports the great work the Union is doing in supporting player wellbeing and showcasing the game on new digital platforms. As the season unfolds, we look forward to providing the transport as teams, including schools, clubs and representative sides, travel around the region and further afield to play.”
- Tranzit Group is an award-winning, family-owned transport and tourism company operating throughout Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- With its head office still in Wairarapa, Tranzit will celebrate its centenary in 2024.
- Employing around 2000 team members and operating 2000 vehicles nationwide, Tranzit is a significant contributor to the economy.
- In many parts of New Zealand, Tranzit delivers Ministry of Education school bus contracted services as well as contracted school runs for individual schools.
- Tranzit operates public transport services in Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua, Wairarapa, Manawatu, Whanganui, Taranaki and Auckland.
- Tranzit is behind some of New Zealand’s most well-known travel and transport brands including InterCity, Cross Country Rentals, Tranzit Coachlines, Tranzit Tours, Pacific Tourways (Auckland) Limited, Hammonds Wellington Tours, Rite Price Rentals and Bus Travel Ltd.
- Tranzit is committed to a sustainable future and currently operates 22 electric buses – 20 double deck EVs in Wellington and a single deck EV bus in both Auckland and Palmerston North. Tranzit will introduce a further 21 new EV double deck buses into Wellington this year. These are all built in Tauranga at Kiwi Bus Builders.
For more information please contact:
Email: email@example.com or Ph: 021 757 861